Requirements for Studying in Spain

Sufficient language skills are required to study in Spain. A common language certificate to prove Spanish language skills for non-native speakers is the DELE certificate. Many universities have appropriate language courses in their programs as preparation. When studying in Spain, it should be noted that in the autonomous communities of Galicia, Catalonia and the Basque Country, teaching is not uncommon in the regional languages.

Immediately after graduation to Spain

German students can apply for a study place in Spain with their Abitur. Your Abitur (homologación) is recognized by the Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia (UNED). The relevant application can be made online on the UNED website.

The actual application for studying in Spain is then made directly to the selected university. The university decides on admission and whether there are additional entrance tests.

After the bachelor to Spain

Admission to a Spanish master’s course is usually no problem with a Bachelor’s degree in Germany. Here, too, the decision-making power lies with the university. In general, it is advisable to find out the exact admission requirements from the respective institution in good time.

Semester abroad in Spain

International students who would like to study in Spain but do not want to complete a full course have the opportunity to spend a semester abroad in Spain. A growing number of Spanish universities offer internationally oriented courses and cooperate with foreign universities. The number of English-language semester programs is also increasing. This means that there is basically the possibility to study in English in Spain.

The cooperation with free enterprise plays an important role. Some lecturers work full-time in the private sector and also teach at the university. This enables students to take part in current practical cases. The topicality of research and teaching is thus guaranteed.

Cost of studying in Spain

According to jibin123, the cost of studying in Spain is determined, among other things, by the tuition fees, which vary depending on the university, subject and degree. Private universities charge higher fees than state universities. Every year, the current tuition fees are listed in the Boletín Oficial del Estado magazine. At a state university you have to calculate around EUR 600 to 2,000 annually for a bachelor’s degree. In the Master’s program, the fees are up to around EUR 4,000 per year. Semester programs at state and private universities are expensive. Due to the additional supporting program and the support, between EUR 2,000 – 4,500 should be budgeted.

In addition to the tuition fees, students also have to pay their living expenses. As a rule, you can live a little cheaper in Spain than in Germany.

Studying in Spain – ways of financing

It is advisable to find out about various financing options well in advance of the start of your stay in Spain. Particularly gifted or needy students are funded within the framework of internal university projects, gifted programs or scholarships. On the part of the federal government, there is the Auslands-BAföG, which can also support students who do not receive a domestic BAföG. This can be requested for individual semesters as well as for complete courses completed in Spain.

There are also various scientific, political and cultural foundations where you can find out more about a partial scholarship. Student loans are also a way of financing your studies abroad in Spain.

Visa and entry requirements

For EU citizens, a valid identity card or passport is sufficient to enter Spain. A residence permit for studying in Spain is not required for students from the EU. For stays longer than 90 days, however, you have to register with the local authorities. It also makes sense to have an international student ID card issued for studying in Spain.

Health insurance for studying in Spain

The health insurance to study in Spain is at least straightforward for a semester abroad. Semester students with statutory health insurance in Germany are also insured in Spain because of the social security agreements between the EU countries. To prove the insurance, you have the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). Nevertheless, it can make sense to take out additional private international health insurance.

Since students who complete a full degree in Spain may not be insured through the EHIC for the entire duration of their studies, it may be necessary to take out private health insurance abroad or a Spanish health insurance.

Requirements for Studying in Spain

Requirements for Studying in Spain
3 (60%) 1 vote

You may also like...